Thursday, December 24

Down to the Wire

So, it is Christmas Eve today. Everyone is scurrying around trying to get that last minute gift picked up for that last minute person. My BIL, he will be going out today to do all of his shopping. Several years ago, he told he always waits til today to do all of the shopping for things he wants to get.

I remember looking at him, probably with a a shocked expression, and asking why, in the world, would he wait til the last minute? You'd have to deal with the crowds, and stuff being out of stock... hard telling what else! He said that actually, there are fewer people. And he said you can actually get the price talked down at certain places. It made some sense the way he explained it. I could never do it though. Heck, I thought we were done and forgot someone.... imagine me doing that!

Today is another day I don't care about this holiday. Getting to bed at a decent hour is impossible it seems. Even if I am ready, the Wife still has stuff all over the bed trying to get the wrapping done. Why don't I help? Obviously, you have never seen my wrapping! Though, I should try and do that today for the gifts for the Wife. Then again, I could wait and have the daughter do them tonight....

Okay. So I am going to be gone for the next day, or two. At least I probably won't be posting. My best wishes for a Merry Christmas to you and yours!!

PeacE

No comments: