Wednesday, August 31

Apprentice Project-Person

I give that title to myself. Yes, apprentice - not journeyman, not Master. I am only beginning. Or is that I am only at the beginning...?

Saturday morning, I spent a couple hours doing the door reversal on our fridge/freezer. Not only had I spent about 7 weeks or so, in ordering the "reverse kit" from Whirlpool, and having it delivered, but paying $11 for 4 little stickers, and a Whirlpool label.... I am not happy. Needless to say, that project was needed, and completed. Though, the rest of that day, and Sunday, I found muscles that evidently have not been participating in the exercising at the gym, as they were a bit sore. I am going to have to figure out how to fix that.

Last night, I spent a good hour plus putting in a new ceiling fan in our front room. We found a good deal on the proper size we needed at Lowes. I looked over the instructions, and it seemed fairly simple to install. What I didn't take into consideration when reading the instructions was the position I would be forced into the complete the installation. Standing on a step stool, reaching above my head, one hand on a part, the other balancing a screw on the tip of the screwdriver, trying to find the hole for it and hold the part in place. All with sweat dripping into my eyes and off of me.... Let's just say, I was not comfortable, not nice, and very hot. But it got down finally, and the resulting feel of air form the fan is wonderful!

So, two projects done in under 7 days. Sometimes, it is the small things that impress me the most. I feel so accomplished! I have a few other projects in mind - or non-normal things that I would like to get done around here. Mostly outside though. Today we have an 'Excessive Heat Advisory' as it is to be 111 today, and the mugginess just makes it miserable. No outside projects for a week or two at least. Hopefully by then it will have cooled off enough.....

Less than a week til my birtday, and I still have not made plans yet.... Can't decide what I want to do.....

PeacE

No comments: