Wednesday, August 3

And The Winner Is .....

Thanks to all the nice comments you readers have made as to the changes on the blog. I appreciate it!

Wednesday is here again, and due to the 'mind in the gutter' type of thought process I have, I smirk at the thought of Hump Day. Of course, that rhymes with bump, and I can think of a couple things that are kinda like that, too....
Yeah. Anyways.... down to a week and a half until school starts up. I am still taking the boys one day a week to spend time with them. Today is the oldest son's day. Of course, it works out that I need to take him for 8th grade registration this afternoon too.

This evening also brings around the Karaoke Finals that I had competed in a few weeks back. I am a Finalist, and tonight I hope to bring home the $400 Home Karaoke System. Though many people say I do sing well, the contest isn't based on talent, crowd applause, or even judging. You sing, you get your name entered into the drawing, and they draw late at night. That's how you become a finalist, and also how of the finalists, they choose a winner. Yeah, pretty crappy. Only upside, is in the 16 weeks of qualifying, you can win more than 1 week, so it helps knock out other potential people. I had won 2 weeks this round. This will also be my final time trying for the prize. It just isn't worth all the drinking and time every Wednesday to do the contest.

I can't believe I said I didn't want to be at the bar. Well, it is true. I have been trying to cut down (and hopefully soon completely quit) the drinking. Like a bad habit, it has its good parts where I go several days without. Then its bad days, where I just crave. Definitely a day-to-day process.

Welp, nothing much else new to add.

PeacE

No comments: