Monday, August 8

In-Between Birthdays

Yesterday was my middle son's 9th birthday. I think he had a wonderful time. The family had gone out Saturday night for dinner at a place of his choice - Peter Piper Pizza. A pizza place that has games, etc for the kids. Then last night, The RM and PT took him out to dinner as well. He scored some money, and a few presents.

I got to feeling a little down last week. I had been doing pretty good I thought, as the whole losing weight thing. A little each week on the average. Getting to the gym for exercise on a regular basis. But last week's weigh-in just brought all my good feelings to a halt. See, last week, I weighed in at a gain of 3.5 pounds. Yeah, not good. I was getting about 1-2 pounds a week (averaged out) and all of a sudden there is a gain - one of that much. I don't know how. The week prior I had been to the gym, actually MORE than I regularly go. Oh yeah, I went to Sis' to hang out Saturday, and ate quite a bit of carne asada. But still, not enough that would show that kind of gain 2 days later, I would think. Either way, last Monday I knew I needed to really start watching the eating, and continue working out. By Thursday, I was feeling lower. I was starting to get that 'I don't care anymore' feeling. I didn't even bother going to the gym Friday morning. From Thursday on, I didn't watch what I was eating. I ate what I wanted, in the portions I wanted. This went on through the whole weekend.

Sunday night, I actually though about returning to the gym. I felt pretty bad at myself, for just 'letting things go' in regards to eating and not exercising. Sure, many people have lapses, I thought, using a common excuse people use. I'm never going to get this weight down. This morning, I woke up feeling tired, not wanting to go to the gym. I forced myself. Literally. Talking to myself to get dressed and get off my ass and out the door. At the gym, I debated, should I even bother to weigh myself today, as I do every Monday, after the gain from the last weigh-in, and letting things go and eating..... I am sure it isn't going to be good.

I stepped up to the scale, and set it to what I weighed last week. It didn't move. I thought, great. It's worse, just like I thought. I moved the slide over to about 3 pounds heavier. Still no movement. Crap. Over about 5 more pounds. Still no movement. Then it hit me. I was moving it the wrong way. The scale was reading that I was lighter than the weight shown. Back to last week's weight, then a pound the other way... a little more.... Oh my! I need to move the bottom weight back a 20 pound spot. End result - I am down 4 pounds from last week. So I gained 3.5 at last week's weigh-in, and lost 4.0 pounds as of today. Sigh. Roller Coaster ride of the weight-loss fad, I guess. Now I am in better spirits because of it, and had a really good feeling workout.

That's how my Monday has started. hoe yours is going as good.

PeacE

1 comment:

The Scotty B said...

Way to go, Vod'ika!