Wednesday, August 24

Mid-Week Blues

I been feeling a bit 'blah' this week. Not in the sense of being sick, but just ... indifferent? apathetic? bored? I don't know, but all of those, and none of them, sort of explain it. It hasn't been rainy (in AZ? you kidding?) so I know it is not the weather. Monday's weigh-in had me down 3 more pounds, so it's not that my exercise/diet are not working. Shrug. I have no clue.

My daughter is supposedly heading back to Tucson today. U of A started Monday, but I found out last week she was not attending there this year, and had transferred to a different school. I try not to pry into her school stuff, even if she is having issues. I have been trying to release that parental control and let her do things on her own, even if they are bad mistakes. The reason for a transfer was due to certain eligibilty requirements she wasn't/hasn't met to stay at UofA. I am proud she made a decision to at least transfer, instead of quitting altogether. Either way, today she should be finishing up taking things from her room her, and last night we started moving the oldest son into that room. It will be his first room to himself, and the youngest will move into the bunkbeds with the middle son.

School has been back in session for a couple of weeks now for the boys. The youngest seems to really enjoy Kindergarten. Heck, who wouldn't when you get snacks and lots of recess time, nap time, etc. The oldest had wanted to be a Teacher's Aide for his first semester, though, it didn't work out. Art was what they gave him instead, which he was not thrilled about at registration time. His sister has talked him into enjoying it though, as she is a bit of an artist herself somewhat.

It's only 10 am here, and already I am thinking about possibly going out for lunch today. Maybe I will take the daughter along. Do something nice, like Soup or Salad, so I can eat a big salad. Not that I eat big portions much anymore. It wouldn't hurt me too much if a splurged a little though.

PeacE

No comments: