Monday, August 1

More Change A-Coming!

I was a bit surprised this morning. My only readers had actually responded to the changes I had made on the blog. And because the masses have spoken, I have made additional changes. Well, not because they had spoken up, but because they had valid points. I thank you all for the input, and hope the changes I made this morning are not only more visually appealing to you, but ease any possible eye strain in reading my drivel.

August 1. What many of us consider summer is disappearing fast. My boys start back to school in 2 weeks form today. My daughter back to college in three. The start of school signals the end of summer vacations for many. Families will put their luggage into closets and storage, parents will be taking their kids out to stores to try on what the kids consider to be the geekiest outfits, to replace last years clothing that they have outgrown. Shorts and tank tops (for many kids) will be put away for T-shirts and jeans. Stores stock up aisles and aisles of supplies for academic achievements, putting out for the public eye any new trendy-type apparatus that will guarantee your child will go on to win the Nobel Prize and become President.

Thoughts of Autumn come drifting to mind. The leaves of deciduous trees changing colors, the slight crispness in the air, signalling the approach of the cooler months of winter. Jackets appear on the racks at stores, and hot chocolate sales increase (and marshmallows, too!).

Yeah, brings to mind a few different times when I was growing up. Maybe later today I can get one of them written out and share with you.

In the meantime, I need to get headed out to the gym. Today is another weigh-in Monday, and I am feeling apprehensive. I don't feel like a couple pounds (or hopefully more) have dropped off me, though I have added a couple days to the exercise routine. I think I am going to have to start actually measuring amounts of food I eat, rather than just 'eyeball' the amount reduction. I'll think about that later. Also I need to take the three boys to the dentist today for their cleanings. For the second attempt to get the 5 year old to cooperate and get his first one. The Wife is going to meet me there if she can get off work early enough (late afternoon appointments) to help convince him, and be there for her baby's first cleaning. (Rolls eyes) Which probably means she will have the camera taking pictures.

Okay, off to get the day started!

PeacE

3 comments:

Joe said...

d00d, i dig this template

Reverend Mother said...

I do too! This really looks sharp!!

Spockgirl said...

Me three!