Sunday, June 21

Father's Day 2020

It's June again, and this Hallmark Holiday is upon us again. Though, I will admit I personally would be very surprised if I got any card today. Yesterday, Amazon delivered my present from the kids that I ordered. The Wife had told me to order what I wanted ( a new headset with mic for my gaming needs) as I had been spending time researching best buy for the money. Also got a 2-pack set of straps for the head gear for my CPAP. Exciting, I know.

So what does Father's Day 2020 see going on? For me, hopefully dinner out tonight at a local steakhouse. Invited the oldest Son, but haven't had confirmation he will make it. Daughter and family will be up this coming Friday, but not sooner. Middle Son out of town camping.

Otherwise, AZ Gov. Ducey left it up to the cities of the state to decide if they wanted to require the wearing of masks in public, due to the daily increase of positive testings of Covid. Phoenix now require them for public, as well as many surrounding cities here in the Valley. Across the state I have heard more like 50% of places in requiring or not. Most of the smaller places don't bother, unless it is more of a tourist spot. I asked the Daughter to make me a cloth mask as she had made several a few weeks back. But I won't have it until Friday. A week not being able to go in public? Hardly. I have a couple "sunscreen head/mask" thingys (not sure what to call them) that will work in a bind.

I read just a bit ago a statement the city of Apache Junction (southeast of the Phoenix area) that said: 

"I've stated this is up to the individual. If you feel you are at risk stay home. I also hope that folks don't get upset at businesses that require PPE's as that is their right also. People need to take responsibility for their own lives. I think it is sad that some put their safety in the hands of a Mayor, councilmember or Governor. We must learn to live in the modern world on our own eventually. There are always going to be risks and illnesses out there and we will get through it. Also everyone is essential and every job is essential to providing for a household."

I like it. If you are a father, May you have a Happy Father's Day.

PeacE

2 comments:

Joe said...

Happy Fathers Day Ralph

Reverend Mother said...

I agree with Apache Junction! Just saying! A nurse friend stated recently - anyone who has had flu vaccines over the years will nearly always show positive for covid 19 because of what they are testing for. Also, she commented - you quarantine the SICK, not the well. Huh.