Sunday, June 14

Random Crap

It has almost been a week, and I still pretty much have nothing to write about. Or is it that I just don't feel like writing? Sometimes it feels more than the other. Other times not so much.

Father's Day is in a week. I have never been much of one for holidays, or any sort, and Hallmark holidays make me angry. For some strange reason, this year this holiday is making me feel weird. I have four kids: Two are pretty much grown and on their own - Two still at home. I contacted the Daughter (lives out of town) and they have no idea when they will next be up in our direction. the oldest Son, lives in town but works many hours, never knows if he will have the time off work, or won't be called in. Believe me, I contacted both this week. When asked why, I told them for Father's day... maybe we could do dinner out. Doesn't look like it is happening. And I feel a bit sad about it all. An Unusual feeling for me.

Thinking of going to Home Depot today to buy an evap cooler. It's one of those little ones that only cools like 45 sq. ft. but would help make a difference in one of our rooms. The Study/office was an add-on to the home (another bedroom) many years ago, is made of block, and is on the west side of the house so catches a lot of the sun in the afternoon/evening. We have a ceiling fan, and an oscillating fan in there, but it still gets mighty warm. The a/c for the house is not much use,  as this was added on to the existing ventilation, and basically has no out put for heating or cooling. Wintertime is nice back in the room (my opinion), The Wife and I kind had the same idea about this cooler last night... and for $40 bucks am willing to try to see if it makes just enough difference....

The middle son has been invited with a friend's family to go camping next weekend. He just graduated HS, so he'll pretty much go. But it made me think that I never took the family camping. Or fishing. Things my father and I loved to do when I was growing up. Most of that reason is because it is AZ and so hot in the summer. Fishing is a pain unless you drive 3/4 the state away and near a lake... otherwise all you do is burn and get heat stroke standing on the lake shore to catch tiny bluegill (if you are lucky). Camping you have to travel up-state to get the elevation to where it is cooler, and then you have to luck out to get a spot. Fires are prohibited most of the summer due to the dry weather. And as we all got older, it got harder and harder to do the physical things needed to get things together, etc.

I guess this week is going to suck. I'm feeling bad about stuff I didn't do with my kids. Feel bad because no one can get together just because. At least the Wife said I could buy my own Father's Day present online (need a new headphone/mic set for my Warcraft game).

PeacE

No comments: