Monday, June 22

The Day After ... Part II

I've stewed. I have thought on it. I have slept on it. I am still angry, and somewhat upset about it.

I'm talking about the job I left on March 2nd. I have so many mixed up feelings, I'm not sure about anything, let alone the actions I want to take.

Let's start with the story, as I know it....

Back in August, maybe September, of 2019, I let me superior/manager/higher-up now that this was not a thing I could continue doing, that the physical part of the job was giving me more issues. I already had a work comp injury with my back, and my knees were giving me more problems. Not saying the knees were from the job, just that I physically am older, and not in the prime of my life to keep this up. In our discussion, he asked what were alternatives. I expressed desire to stay with the company, and see if we could hire a younger person, more able to to do the physical work, and maybe we could create a position where I could transition between Parts (physically) and Parts (ordering, and paperwork) with a lead-in to help inventory control. I was told at the time it was not an option as the company could not "create a position" for me. This went all the way through February, when I gave notice I was finally leaving.

March 2nd came, and I left. No second thought about trying to keep me, and I admit, when I gave notice 4 weeks prior, I told them that unless a new position was created, I was not staying.

Clean. Proper. As far as I knew, no bad feelings, except they wished I wasn't leaving.

Fast forward to this last Thursday. Late in the evening, I get a call, through Facebook, from one of the guys I worked with at that location.  I admit, he originally called to show me his mohawk (funny thing) and just BS, because we were friends outside that place of work. Then he tells me, since I left, early March (see above) they have hired 3 (THREE) people in the Parts Dept, to replace what I did alone before.

Yes. It's good to feel they had to do that to replace how good of an employee I was.... but what about when I asked, could we create....? I was told no. Now, THREE people have been hired, full-time, and all I asked was ... was for one. 

I am not responsible for company decisions when I am not there, and I admit, it feels good to know, they had to hire 4 people over all to do what I did before as one person. Kind of ... now you wonder why I asked for help, or more money, and either way still got the job done with less than 5 hours overtime?

I am going back there this week at some point. Going to stop in long enough to say "hi" to the boss, and spend maybe 15 minutes about how he misses me and had to hire more people. I might even ... I lie. I WILL bring up about how I asked for  help of ONE person, and life could have gone on. Then, me and the guys from the Reconditioning dept, are gonna go have a beer.

I will say.... if they offer me $20/hour to come back.... I'll think about it. We could get rid of 3 of thoe people, and run the dept with three of us....

Just saying. If they were smart, they'd offer me the right amount to come back. I think $20/hr is a good starting point.

PeacE

No comments: