Thursday, June 18

Taking It Off

I think I am due for a haircut. Definitely a trim up of the beard. For the past few years I have been clipping my own hair, trimming that black, grey, and white forest down to a quarter-inch. the beard... well, it has changed shapes and styles through that time.Lately (read: the past year and a half) I have been letting the beard just grow. I think I have trimmed up the edges twice in that time, just to keep split ends from getting worse. So, today, I think I'll spend that 45 minutes in the bathroom with the clippers and get the job done. Afterwards, I am sure I will look older, as more grey/white will show than the black/brown.

I'm up a bit early today. Seems I woke around 3:30 this morning, and though I did give it the old college try, I just could not fall back asleep. I'm sure I will be awake until at least 7-8 before being able to nap a couple more hours... and that is if I am lucky.

Father's Day is still coming on Sunday. Middle Son is going camping with a friend. Oldest Son did text me that he was able to change up his work schedule and would be able to do dinner. I had asked him last week about it... trying to combine his birthday dinner (from mid-May) and Fathers Day. The Daughter and family still have no idea when they will be in town next, so am not expecting them. Though, it would be a great surprise!

The Reverend Mother has written several times over the years about how much she misses seeing her kids, or grandkids, and great-grandkids. Over the past 2-3 years, I think I am beginning to understand what she means. I have noticed it a bit more over the past 7 months with the oldest Son not living at home. Though the Daughter has been out of the house years longer. I miss my lil Doodad and I truly wished they lived closer.

Enough of that this morning....

PeacE

1 comment:

Reverend Mother said...

Regarding your last paragraph, yeah, I was just thinking about that yesterday....how much I miss the grandchildren... (and children).. haven't seen much of the great-grandchildren.... and then the reality that they have all grown up. They aren't little anymore. Some still love coming to grandma's, but we limit it to few and far between. I keep saying... but it never comes about. I'm into withdrawal.