Friday, September 7

Another trip around the sun

Okay, I don't feel much different than last year. Well, except my knees ache a bit more, and the occasional hip flares. Oh, and not to mention the more frequently appearing silver in the hair, and white sightings in the beard. No gray - bright white, or silver. Maybe there are enough differences before I keep looking for more .... I quit.

So I am making myself take a break from work right now. Time to stretch the mindworks in a more fun and imaginitive way. Not that there is much to say.

I left work last night, and per Freddie's advice, left it there too. Had pizza ordered by the time I was home. Ate with the family, and then the daughter watched the boys while the Wife and I went out. I took her to my usual hang out, and I began collecting my birthday drinks. I got some nice presents from friends too. They were late getting karaoke started, so I only got to sing one song to her before the dreaded phone call came. Yeah, you know it. The one where the daughter says she is tired and can't get the baby to settle down for bed. It was due though - after all we were out til like short of midnight. Overall a good evening, and the Wife got some adult time out from the kids. We have another 'date' set for the 22nd. She had won a drawing at work, and the prize was 2 tickets to the Diamondbacks/Dodgers game. Nice - and on my bday too (winning them that is).

The weekend is here, and I a plan on enjoying it. Nascar on Saturday, softball Sunday morning, followed by the Redskins/Dolphins game (where I should win $5 from Tino). Yeah. Gonna be a good weekend. I might even squeeze in some reading time.

Thank you for all the happy bdays you shouted out. Much appreciated. Y'all go and have a good weekend and I will be back on Monday.

PeacE

No comments: