Thursday, September 6

It is so easy to make someone depressed

Ain't that the truth. My bosses have gotten me all depressed. Yesterday morning, they walk into my office and say "We have to close 25 deals this month. Is it possible?"

What am I to say to that? No, go fuck yourself? I look at my desk (and the number of files on it), look 'em right back in the eye and said "No way. I might be able to do 15-20, but that's pushing it."

They glance at each other, then turn back to me. "Why?"

"Duh! I have 14 deals that have been sent to every fucking lender we know that is still open. Each one takes three weeks to tell us their guidelines have changed, or worse, they closed doors. So then it gets sent somewhere else. Each time we get a basic approval, I have to go and re-order/change names/update and it is time consuming. I have like 2 files that are going to close pretty quick though."

Of course they are only interested in the 2 closing fairly rapidly. Then leave me with the thought if "we" don't close 25, are we closing shop? Will I be out of a job come Oct 1? What about the 15 or so LO's? Is it my fault if we don't reach that goal?

Yeah. I am depressed. Oh, but wait - it gets better.

Today is my birthday. After work (no late hours today no matter what) I am going drinking. A lot of drinking.

PeacE

No comments: