Wednesday, March 31

Yesterday Ended Well

Yesterday, the Wife and I celebrated our 19th wedding anniversary. Hard to believe she has put up with me for that many years. For lack of being super-rich, we settled for a nice dinner of the two of us at a local restaurant called Black Angus (a steakhouse), and did some shopping afterwards. T'was nice not to have the kids along, aside from the extra amount that would have been spent for dinner, the quiet conversation would never have taken place otherwise. We made it a bit of an extension, too. The dessert we brought home we will eat it tomorrow evening after dinner .... without the kids around .... even if we have to hide in shed out back. I am sure we won't have to go to those extremes.

Sunday will be spent at Sis' for lunch as planned still. Tonight I received a phone call from her to double check our attendance for lunch. Usually, are responsibility to bring food-wise is like chips/dip or the equivalent. This particular time though, I have been asked to bring something else ... a dessert I make that is similar to cheesecake, but not. Seems everyone in the family likes it. I had sent over a couple pies of it last Thanksgiving, since our family was spending the dinner with the Wife's side of the family. It went fast I heard. As it does with the Wife's family as well. What can I say, I do something pretty damn good every once in a while.

Rusty, Spawn of Satan, has dropped back into his regular routine very quickly. For being a cat on the loose in the city for the first time, for a period of a little over 24 hours, being back home is probably pretty nice for him. I have only once seen him show an interest in the front door since that night he came back home. Now, if he could lose interest in other things such as trying to claw furniture, and jumping back and forth across my bed (and me) in the middle of the night ... that would make me more of a cat-liker. In fact, as I write this, his Fat and Laziness is sitting in the chair next to the desk, giving me the look as he knows I am talking about him. I can't wait til I get to the point I can - what's it called.... when you make inanimate, or non-human things more human-like (personification?) ... when I can do that with him.... and then just drag him through the wringer. Heh. Something to look forward to. Be prepared, my whiskered adversary.

Still don't know when my daughter's graduation announcements are to arrive. Yeah, I know. Like a month and a half til the event, and no announcements. SO, if you are family, and you actually read this stuff, email me your address so I can get you an announcement.

We have finalized our Family Trip dates. I need to contact family/friends back in IN/MI to warn them of our eminent arrival. Tonight, some of the shopping we did was for pricing on stuff for the trip. Such as DVD player w/screen for movies. Amazing how small those things have gotten now. Not surprised at the cost though. Sheesh! Looked at digital cameras as well. The Wife has been taking my Sony Cybershot lately, though she complained she does not know how to use it. I bitch about how I need it so when I need it, it is handy. We priced out some cameras for her tonight, and I think I have her talked into one, which we will get before our trip. I did get a new USB hub for the computer, and just had to pick up a movie. "Chronicles of Riddick". I got the whole set now. Watched it tonight too. I forgot how much I liked it.

It's after 3am now. I need to get busy on this other thing before I can get some sleep. Got some story stuck in my head I need to get typed out to at least be able to sleep. And who knows, maybe it will turn into a short story.

PeacE

1 comment:

Joe said...

congrats -- 19 years!