Thursday, March 11

It only hurts for a little while

Whew! I finally got the spare tire on to my car Tuesday. Of course, in the process, I pinched a nerve in my back. It ain't turning into my week at all.

So I was getting the 4 yr old out of the van, after picking up the kids from Grandma's and running to the station to put air in the spare. And just did something wrong. Damn near dropped the kid as I locked up and couldn't move for a few minutes. After about 30 minutes of being able to sit inside, I got back out there and taught the oldest son how to change a tire. He did a majority of the labor for me. A little constructive Daddy-Son time.

Then I wen to the pub and was feeling no pain when I came home and went to bed.

Today, oh boy! Yeah, the back still hurts, and I found out it is difficult to sit in a chair for more than an hour. And walking around doesn't seem to help. Ibuprofen - I swear that my body just ignores it. I think I had too much back when my teeth were giving me so much pain, that they body just ignores it. I had a couple naps today to help give me somewhat of a "pain-free" time. But that has double-crossed me by not letting me sleep tonight.

Gonna have to stay awake all day tomorrow so I can sleep tomorrow night now. PITA.

I am thirsty as something else today too. Don't know why. Nothing seems to quench the "need" for drink. Water, soda, juice, tea.... nothing fits the bill. I hope I shake it soon. Going to be draining fluid for days it feels like.

PeacE

1 comment:

Maeve said...

I feel your pain. No really, I do. I spent 2 months in phsyical thereapy last summer due to my back going out.
If you are taking OTC ibuprophen then you need to take at least 3 or 4 at one time. Ice your back too. You need to get the inflamation down.