Saturday, March 20

Dat Some Good Shit, Mon!

Yesterday afternoon I got the munchies. Not because I partook in any activity involving THC, I just got sorta hungry. So I looked in the fridge and saw a half filled jar of Reverend Mother's homemade salsa. Oh yeah! I grabbed it, a small bowl and the chips, then headed back to the computer, thinking "This is it!"

As I sat down I began thinking, just how long has this jar been in the fridge? When did RM make her last batch that she gave this to me? I came to my conclusion it wasn't that long ago, and opened it up. Gingerly, I gave it the old sniff test - yup, smelled fine. Looking at it, there was no mold or anything growing in it. I went ahead and poured some into my bowl. Still looked fine - no discolorations, chunks that shouldn't be there, or other signs of going bad. Finally, I dipped a chip and tasted. Oh! It was good! I was in a small part of heaven there for about 15 minutes.

The daughter had decided she wanted some too, so she poured some into a bowl for her. We were doing computer stuff, and munching chips with salsa, when I ran out. So I saw there was a small bowl full left, and dumped into mine. I grabbed a chip and dunked that fried corn , scooping a nice amount of flavor on the way up to my mouth. One bite, and HALT! Something didn't taste right. In fact, it tasted down right wrong, and yucky! I swallowed down that bite and looked at the bowl. It was bubbling. That ain't supposed to be happening! I warned the daughter, but she was near done with hers as well. I shrugged and said, well, we will know how bad it is by how we feel later today or tomorrow morning....

So life went on for the evening, feeling no different than normal. But man, I woke up at 3 am talking to my self saying the actually words, "Man, you are going crazy!" I had one hell of a psychedelic dream going on last night. I know it was good because it had lotsa weird stuff in it like state police, car/bus accident that was bloody, writing in the starry sky, planets with rings (like Saturn) plain to the eye all over the night sky, and weird-ass people. It was bad enough I woke myself up thinking I WAS crazy.

Man, wonder if the RM can make salsa like that again....

PeacE

1 comment:

Reverend Mother said...

That batch you have was made around Christmas time. LOL We had to throw one jar away - once it starts bubbling, we figure it is fermenting so don't eat it. Glad you didn't get sick. I'm about due to make some more soon.