Saturday, May 15

A Moment for Myself

Welcome to Saturday EARLY morning. Again, my sleep schedule has not corrected itself all the way, but we are making progress. Today I was only up at 5 rather than the usual 3 or 4am. All in all, I like that time in the morning... not much of internet traffic, so I can kind of chat with some people back East without many from here jutting in, or taking my attention away from the convo. My house is quiet. Kids and Wife still asleep. I sit here with my iced tea, or soda, and go thru my email, reading articles, classifieds (on and off internet), and catch up on some of my blogging. It's nice, but I think I would rather sleep in til about 7'ish before I do this stuff.

Last night was my niece's performance in her first school play. She did a wonderful job (of course)! She played the part of the Sour Kangaroo in the "Seussical Musical" her school put on. We had front row seats, and I might have enjoyed it more (considering it is a kids play - off-key singing, bad acting, wrong lines, etc) if the mics they were using would have worked better. Seemed half the main characters had their mics off, or something, and even sitting in the front row, I was having a hard time hearing (duh! I am deaf it seems). All in all, it was a nice performance for a $4 entry fee.

Tonight is my Daughter's final Prom at her high school. Her boyfriend of the past year is taking her. One of her friends is coming by today at some point, so the two of them can do whatever girls do to get ready - hair, make-up, gossip, etc. The Wife has the camera, so I am not worried of missing anything. I may have pics late tonight.

SO, that means today is mine. Aside from this early morning time you and I may be sharing together, I have plans for the day. A group of friends are meeting for breakfast (more like brunch) about 11 my time, then play some Golden Tee video golf and have a few brews. Gets me out of the house whilst the girls do their giggly stuff.

About a week and a half until the Daughter actually graduates. Most dad's would feel a bit of sadness at their 'little girl' hitting this stage of growing up ... yet, nothing has bothered me yet. I don't know if it is the past year's worth of the issues we have had (read : fights, arguments, and me just plain not caring anymore) that is the cause of it, or if it just hasn't hit. Guess that is something to watch for, not that I expect it. Her only plans this summer are to lounge around and do nothing til fall... not exactly making me happy.

And to end this on a good note, I am going to the pub today!

PeacE

No comments: