Tuesday, May 25

Things Come Slowly To a Stop

It is nearing the end of the month finally. Everything having to do with school is almost over, and not only are the kids anxious, I am as well. I feel slightly worn out from all the activities that have been happening over the past two weeks. I think back to my HS days, and I don't recall all these extra events (though I was only in band, not 3 extra-curricular classes/groups) and there was only one of me graduating.

Last night my oldest son, Ralphd00d IV, graduated from 6th grade. Personally, I don't see the big deal about that particular accomplishment, but then again, times have changed. Maybe it is a big accomplishment considering the way state and federal gov'ts fund schools, and the lack of proper teaching because we have to deal with ESL and other illegal issues that slow down the average student's learning. Either way, his ceremony, which was for only 2 classrooms at the school, took 2 hours. They made every student participate in a song, dance, or recital of a poem, quote, etc. And each time there was a quote, or recital, they had to have some other student come up and repeat the damn thing in Spanish. Fucking stupid. I am proud of my son though! Valedictorian for his class! I took pictures, but my hands shake so bad they didn't come out super great. Hope to post in a couple days.

Today is my oldest, and only, daughter's (Ralphette's) graduation from HS. I get to be in charge of making all the boys be ready in a timely manner, and have her at the location at the time designated prior to the ceremony. Unfortunately, only a limited number pf people can attend (by ticket only) so some of the family will not be able to see it. Afterwards, we are going to dinner with the grandparents (both sets) and her boyfriend. I am thinking Lonestar, but it is up to the daughter. I am sure we will have pics of this all too to share.

The boys have half day of school and are done. Daughter has the ceremony this afternoon, and is done. School events will be over.

This weekend brings up a time of families getting together and celebrating with barbecues (as we are doing) and other events. The Indianapolis 500 is on Monday. I love that race! We are getting together at Sis' for carne asada and eatings. We also celebrate my oldest son's, a nephew and a neice's birthdays together. I need to check on the ice cream cake too...crap - forgot about it.

After that June is here and I need to start getting things together for our trip to Indy. I know I need to get the van in for a tune-up and an oil change prior to leaving. Also need to see about at least the front tires being replaced. I'll start packing too. A month early? Sure! I'll pack in clothes I don't need until the trip, as it saves me time later. I know I will be looking for stuff the Wife thinks we will need, or the kids, etc in the "extra" time it gives me.

Alrighty, gotta run. The daughter has a vocal ensemble sound check this morning prior to the ceremony.

PeacE

2 comments:

Joe said...

Ralph, if you are planning on watching the race Monday you will miss it -- it is Sunday!

Ralphd00d said...

Oh geez... see how screwed up my month is!