Friday, October 8

After the Visit

So I met my doc today. He's the son of the one I saw 15-20 years ago. Weird how that worked out....

Anyways, things went pretty much how I expected. Weight, smoking, drinking - all key issues we discussed.

No prostrate gland check, no finger in the ass... never had to drop my drawers. We did some talking about that, too. Since I don't have family history, and no 'obvious' problems with that area, they normally don't routine check until about 45 (6 years yet WOO!).

Weight was something we talked about alot. I got much of it to lose. At weigh-in, I was surprised at the number. I had thought I was doing better than normal the past 3-4 weeks....but obviously, if I was, I was way behind what I thought.

Need less to say, my blogs may be a bit hormonal.... or, if you prefer, me moaning like a whore cuz I can't eat what I wanna, and get tired of the healthy shit I should be eating.

Blood was drawn. And an X-ray to follow for my chest on Monday. Then I wait to hear from the doc with results.

In the meantime, my wife will be doing her best to feed me right, and still have the kids eat what we are, and keeping me outta the bar!

PeacE

2 comments:

ScottyB said...

Good luck bro! Always thinking about ya!

Reverend Mother said...

I probably ought to find the email Uncle Larry sent me a few months back - he gave me a list of things that 'run in our family history' that I had no knowledge of. Oh, I knew about the heart trouble in the men, and the diabetes, but other things, didn't know. I need to copy for each of you - and let my doctor know what is in my history too. sigh..... glad you went to the doctor - Tom goes to Mark - I still go to Hollis - but I'm mad at him right now so don't know if I will go back or not. :-)