Monday, October 11

Through a Difficult Weekend

Whew! It's Monday! I know most of you don't choose that type of way to describe these mornings that signal a return to work for the masses. I am, at least this week, greeting it with a hearty WHEW!

Not like my weekend was overly busy.... but for the simple things I had to fight against. Trying to start out on a good foot so to speak, following that Friday Dr. visit. Though I will admit Saturday night, out to dinner with family, I STUFFED myself. I mean, I ate til I could eat no more. Even if it was only the never-ending salad at Olive Garden, I took perverse pleasure knowing most of it was good for me, and ok to eat as much as I wanted. Well, compared to me eating the never-ending pasta bowl (which really looked good too). More greens, fiber, etc versus carbs (pasta), greasy sausages (mmmm).... (sigh). Good thing I really enjoy the salad dressing at Olive Garden. In fact, I will have to get some salad here at home. Forgot I had received a bottle as a gift from RM of the stuff.

So that doesn't sound too bad.... mentally battling over healthy salad versus very delicious, and mouth-watering pasta with sausage. Sunday was my harder day. I had to get through the day without heading out to the bar. I swear, like 7 different times throughout the day I just wanted to up and leave, go have a few beers (which would turn into a few more). I had awoken at like 5am that morn, and ended up taking like 3 naps throughout the day to help curb the thoughts. And I was hungry on top of that! Wife brought home come Chinese for lunch, and I had TV dinner for supper. But I wanted more. I mean, I am working portion sizes here at the beginning before I worry about type of intake.

SO yeah! WHEW! Not that anything is going to change. Today will be another day I try not to go to the bar. That I try to keep my meal intake to a bit smaller portion than normal. In fact, I am thinking of going to the store and picking up some stuff for snacks. Doc said that is good. Healthy snacks help keep the body aware I ain't starving it, especially in cutting portion sizes. So figured some cucumbers (like them just cold and sliced), some lettuce - though I may opt for the pre-mixed salad so I don't have to waste time making it. I am not sure what else. I will do my best to avoid the Lil Debbie area (oh I love them oatmeal cookies and the cakes!).

Welp, Wife is up to start getting ready for work. I should get my stuff together to get going as well. I have a half-ass made list of stuff that needs to get done/picked up this week, preferably today.

PeacE

No comments: