Friday, October 15

Things Are Looking Good

It is very early on a Friday. Only because, yes, I am home at an early hour from the bar on a Thursday night. I was good. For me, anyways. Did not imbibe as much. I was trying to do my best not to do so. Unfortunately, along with that, the not imbibing so much, I tend to hear more of the drama there... which I want no part of. Luckily, I played it, like I was shit faced again, and when asked, I was like" Huh?"

Safe answers at a bar. Maybe a file should be started. Nah. Them people, yeah, they ain't worth it. Really. Not the ones at this bar anyways. Then again, I am not born-again, either way, I don't think they wanna hear a "witnessing". (shrug) Sorry RM, sometimes it is not the best place.

Either way, it doesn't matter at this moment.

I have spent the last couple days doing some one on one with my boys - the 3 kids I have left at home. This week they are a Fall Break for a week. Today I finished up with the 2nd son. I have had an enjoyable time, playing some WoW together, and a little bit of dad-son time. I have not been as good a father as I want to be, and I am trying to change that... this has helped a bit I think. Got to listen to gripes/complaints/bitches, more than I could if Mom were home. At the same time, I supported Mom (and myself) as to why sometimes things were that way. The older boys seemed to understand, and we'll find out over the next couple weeks if it all 'comes together'. If we gotta do the time again we can, but it was nice, they bitched, I explained, and admitted my faults in the same process. They relished that, yes, I, too, have not put priorities in the right order. But accepted, that by me doing that, things were expected of all of us, not just me, but they have to hold their end too. They were cool about it.

Tomorrow is Friday. I have the youngest for the day. He's 4 and honestly, I am a bit lost. He can maneuver around the computer desktop like a pro, get to Bored.com, pick his game, and play it, then pick another, with no help. He is 4. Computer is like his 2nd home. I know this is a factor nowadays because the technological life we live in, but ... HEY! He's 4! By the time he is 10, he'll prolly be re-writing my programs, and how the hell am I gonna hide some stuff from him?

Oh wait, you ask, what would I hide? (sigh) Works in progress. Sounds like I "May" be a writer. I dunno. But I don't like anyone seeing it before I share. My Wife doesn't search. She asks every now and then... I heard the tapping, did you do good? I grunt and say, ok. Cuz half the tapping, it more than likely wasn't on the work I wanted, it was prolly updates on FB or some other crap.

Okay, enough of this tonight. It is late, I need some sleep. The 4 year old can be demanding, though I think tomorrow, we will be just fine.

PeacE

No comments: