Tuesday, January 10

Being Weighted Down

I feel weighted down with this damn cast. I get frustrated not being able to move around as I am in the habit of doing so, like, crossing my ankles while sitting. Obviously I walk slower. Running is completely out - though, I didn't do much of that before either. I have not been back into the gym, as all I would be able to do is upper body/back stuff - which I have no problem with, just the whole cast thingy. I worry about working up a sweat, and how much of that is leg sweat (though I am not working them out, doesn't the rest of the body sweat to a degree as well?) It's bad enough that every once in awhile, I get a whiff of  unclean, sweaty foot. Yeah. It's getting that bad. This is like about 3 weeks of having the cast on, and though it covers my foot pretty well, the toes are open. I admit, I have always had a problem with smelly, sweaty feet. Usually, the problem is not as noticable, as I do my best to wash/scour/wire brush (last one was jokingly, sorta) my feet so they don't get to smelling. However, this not being able to wash my foot is beginning to take a toll. Today's internet search will be ....

The boys are back in school, and the oldest started the Honor Orchestra rehearsals last night. This is the second year he has been asked to perform with them, though he is not part of the actual orchestra. The youngest son (5) is having issues about returning to the school schedule (as in hard to get going in the morning, and being crabby all day seemingly). A few more days and I am sure he will fall back into the routine.

Though I haven't been to the gym in nearly a month and a half, it appears I am still losing weight. I have not actually weighed myself, but I can see little differences in my body. Obvious ones like the quantity of food I eat, which has lessened, is a big factor since I have not been exercising. Though, I guess you could say I have been getting some as using the cane to help when I am walking is causing some uncomfortable changes as well. The past couple days, my elbow and shoulder of my right arm have been a bit more achy. The Wife says due to the stress of having the additional weight using the cane, etc. I notice my back is a bit more sore of the mornings as well. Again, she says it is the change in gait, and how I move my weight when walking with a cane. Two and a half more weeks (about) and get this thing off then get back to normal.... well, as normal for me as can be.

PeacE

No comments: