Monday, January 30

Who is the Whore?

Yeah, I know. Pretty crass title, eh? I kind of did it due to a conversation my buddy Aaron and I had yesterday. Actually, it is the only reason I did it. Aaron has one of them new iphones. In fact, I think it is the newest version out, and has all them bells and whistles I don't need, but hey, that's another topic. For those of you that don't know, the iphone has a voice-activated 'assistant' that can aid you in making a call from your phone book, or look up a phone listing, etc. The assistant is called Suri. A few weeks back I had sent Aaron a link of something along the lines of '50 things to ask Suri' and it posted the responses that were received. So last night, I jokingly asked his Suri where I could bury a body. The phone came back with something like 'I'm not sure what you are looking for' and gave me options for a crematorium, cemetery, etc. Trying to see what response we would get, I asked it "Where can I find a whore?" At first, it misunderstood, and said that there were 23 bars near our location. Undaunted, I asked the same question again, being sure to enunciate each word properly. I had not laughed so hard....it brought up Aaron's contact list. Maybe you had to be there, and have a few beers like we had, but I was laughing so hard, it took a few moments to catch my breath again.

Aside from that humorous moment, the weekend has passed, and I am still sore from returning to the gym on Friday. I did get and go again this morning, and already I am starting to feel the "new" ache in my muscles. I will be happy once I get past this stage again, and will welcome working out in a few more sessions I am sure. I've already dropped a half pound since Friday.

This week will feel a bit like a long one. Over the next couple days I will be taking the boys for their 6 month dental cleanings. Tuesday I have a funeral to attend of a friend of mine that passed last week. It will be nice to see some other people I haven't seen in quite awhile, but the reason for being able to definitely sucks.

Thinking about heading back to bed for some cat naps this morning. Not sure if I will or not though.

PeacE

No comments: