Monday, January 16

A Worthless Holiday

Let's start this post out today saying this: If you are offended by anything I say, go somewhere else and STFU. This is MY place to rant/bitch about what I want. Don't like it, don't read it.

That being said, today is Monday. This particular Monday being Martin Luther King, Jr Day. In my opinion, still a worthless holiday. At least on President's Day, it w is more for the remembrance of President's. What the hell we memorializing some person that spoke out against segregation? At least, that is the majority of what I know King spoke about. I am sure he spoke on some other things, since he was a church pastor of some sort  ... I think. I am not wasting my time on reading up more on him. 

Arizona used to not celebrate, or acknowledge this day. Then the damn NFL made them. It was the only way they would ever let a Super Bowl take place in the state was if we declared it a state holiday. That's fucked up. Being forced to make a state holiday ... and they did it. All for revenue. Evidently I don't understand enough about politics and financial stuff on the state level to grasp all the reasoning behind this decision. I will admit I am probably pretty ignorant on that subject. I do know I think it is a waste.

It rained here in the Valley last night, so today looks like it will be cooler than the 70+ weather we have had lately. I am sure it will cool off more, and get back into the regular winter mode.

Goals for this week: Yup - ain't got none.

PeacE

No comments: