Tuesday, January 31

Fill(ing) in the Hole

Yesterday I took the two younger boys to the dentist for the six-month check-ups. The middle son ended up having a cavity, on one of his permanent teeth. The younger one came out with a good report. This morning, the oldest son has his turn, and I hope it comes out fine. Another reason why I am still groggy - it's not quite 7am.

After dropping the older son off to catch the school bus, I will be meeting Preacher Tom for breakfast. It has been awhile since we have met up (I think before Christmas) so will somewhat nice to get back in that habit. We are trying a new restaurant as we are getting sort of tired of Denny's. PT had once been to it, and it is called "The Place". He warned me that when he ate there with some other people, he had been warned to only do the half-size order of biscuits and gravy, as the food portions are huge. I am looking forward to that!

A couple hours after our breakfast, I will be attending a funeral. 'Bud' Morgan, a friend of several years, passed away last week. He was one of my "bar buddies" but was a great guy. Always offered me a place to stay if 'you and the wife get in a fight'. He was a great joker, and always had a story to tell, which would always be different, especially when told in that sort of Southern, slow way he talked. Bud was a Vietnam Vet, too.

Following that event, I will be back to the house for my chores. Dishes are stacked up and ready for when I get back.

PeacE

No comments: