Thursday, January 5

What to do.....

The Daughter returned home to her place yesterday. I have gotten rid of the boys today. It's mid morning, and I am sort of bored already. Let me clarify that. There are many things that should be done, but I don't feel like doing any of them. What do I feel like? Maybe like going back to the bedroom and turning on my Kindle. I know a nap would claim me at some point in my reading.

Reverend Mother purchased for me a LP-to-MP3 converter, and Preacher Tom brought it over yesterday. I have a stack of LPs that in the past few years, have not been able to play. My record player had finally wore out, and it wasn't worth the cost to fix it. If you have seen some of the prices for a record player, or even radio, record combo, it is expensive (I think) nowadays. I think before Christmas I was seeing for around $90. Yeah. I will keep going by Goodwill and Savers to see if a used one turns up. Except, now I don't have to do that. I did do one side of one record and the recording quality was very good. I had to stop though, as with the kids bumping around near me (our other computer is near mine) I didn't want to take the chance of them bumping it and messing up the recording. I figured I would just wait until they go back to school, and I can start on the LPs.

I have another 4 weeks yet with my cast on my leg. One thing I that is pretty irritating, is my shower routine. The cast is not supposed to get wet (it's the fiberglass kind, not plaster) as it loses the hard-bond if it does. When I first got it on (5 days after the breaking) we tried to put a trash bag over it, and duct tape the opening to my leg. It didn't work so great. When I got out from my extremely quick shower, the duct tape had pretty much come loose from around my leg, though no water made it in. The Wife had seen some of those water-proof cast protectors at the store, but couldn't see paying $25 for like 2, and they were one-time use only. Though, she did go back and did find this other type. It's like a huge condom. It's thin latex, and a bit stretchy at the opening, ad it seals up on the leg good. Works great in the shower! But, is a pain in the ass to put on by myself (maneuvering the leg and angle to put it on like a sock). I can't wear the walking shoe with this on, so I put it on just outside the shower, so as to not walk on the actual cast and break it (per instructions from the Doctor).

that's sounds good about now. I think I am off to shower, then maybe go get my hair cut. I know I need one.

PeacE

No comments: