Friday, January 27

Holy Shit!

Wow! I just returned home from this morning's workout at the gym. Seeing as how I had not gone since about the beginning of December, and with the broken ankle and all, it had been almost two full months. I weighed myself as I used to do, prior to any workout.... I only had gained 2.5 pounds since my Dr. appointment back on 12/12. Two and a half pounds! I was feeling like I had gained closer to 10!! Woot! Needless to say, getting in the workout this morning was difficult. I even dropped the weight amounts from where I had been back in November. Already I can begin to feel the muscles starting to stiffen and ache a bit. I'll take the weekend to work out the soreness, and return again Monday morning to return to my regular schedule.

So the cast came off yesterday. I had never considered how tender and sore the ankle would be, after being retrained to one position for five weeks. I wasn't expecting to run a marathon afterwards, but thought I would be able to walk normal. Nope. Got the cane back out and am using it. Doc says to walk on it at my pwn pace, as far as how much I want to work on it and am able to put up with the discomfort. I skipped the treadmill this morning, but did put in twice the distance I used to do, on the bike. The ankle just couldn't do the walking, plus carrying my weight for a long distance. Biking worked pretty good, and I think I got a better cardio workout that way. I scrubbed the whole area the cast had covered after the appointment with a pumice stone to get all that dead skin off. Even before that though I notice I have a couple patches of tender skin, where the cast had rubbed, or was just continuously tight (the top of my foot and a patch on the outer side, about where the break had been). Plus on top of the foot, just short of the big toe was a popped blister from the edge of the cast rubbing from the walking I had done while it was on. Though it wasn't much walking, it was enough to make a blister.

It is Friday! Today a Happy Birthday goes out to my nephew (Sis' son) as he turns 14 today. I have already sent him a text sending him wishes for a good day.

No major plans this weekend. Sunday we have one softball game, so I will be meeting the boys for Bloody Marys in the morning,then game, then drinks at the pub afterwards. Will be a good day.

PeacE

No comments: