Thursday, July 12

Bloody Knuckles and Losers

There's a game out called 'Bloody Knuckles'. Nope, ain't a board game. No, it doesn't require a board, cards, dice, or actually anything else, except a minimum of two players. I guess the hardest part, is finding another player as dumb as you to play it.

But excuse me, I jump ahead of myself a little. From what I remember, this game has been around for MANY years, with many variations. I think, about 20 (or so) years ago, it was done by using them little black combs (that boys got) being rubber-banded to one's knuckles and hitting the opponent, the goal being to 'draw blood'. When I was in Junior High, that was the thing to do to show you, as a male, was "cool". Of course, me being the fat bookworm (not to mention other issues) I wasn't challenged but once. And that one time, there was more than just bloody knuckles (all I will say is that it was not my fault he moved his hand to suck on his knuckles when I swung my fist).

Based on that, those many years ago, the line is that I have done too many stupid other things in my life (I have some people, that will attest to this). I played this stupid game Sunday night. I know, I know. A man my age, doing this with some young, twenty-something punk, that was prolly only doing to try to impress 1) his friends, or 2) a girl. Is this where I mention, I did it to sort of play Devil's Advocate, to ruin his chances of impressing anyone? Well, no matter. My mission got accomplished, and after only 2 (yes TWO) exchanges, he quit.... though neither of our knuckles were bleeding. We weren't using combs, it was just the bare-knuckle thing. Problem is, at my age, with signs of arthritis already starting, I did that. Going into Thursday morning now, that hand still hurts, though, today I can function better than I could on Monday.

Yeah. Stupid shit. I know.

It gets worse, but maybe I can save that part until later.

PeacE

No comments: