Tuesday, July 31

Been A Busy Morning

Today started early, though not because I was waking up early by accident. I had to arise early as the oldest son had HS registration today. The band students (and a few other groups) were allowed to start early today rather than the regular assigned times and days per grade level. Though a slightly later start than what was posted, we made it through it all in about an hour.

Then it was off to pick up the two younger boys from the MIL's for their 6-month check-up at the dentist. Both got good reports, though the middle son needs to brush better on his gums. A quick trip to the store before heading back to pick up the oldest, and now I am trying to cool off. It is muggy and hot here in Phoenix today.

I flipped the calendar page to August this morning, even though I know that today is still in July. Already I see several dates having something penciled in that we need to make sure gets done. Most of it looks to be school related - 'Meet the Teacher' night at the elementary school, 9th grade parents meeting, start of school.
I know soon the Fridays will start filling up as we get the HS football schedule (oldest being in band playing at half-time) plus all the other competitions and trips they will be doing over the next 3 months.

I am taking it easy today. Play a bit, read a bit, and try to stay cool.

PeacE

No comments: