Friday, March 27

I Have Been Called

Wednesday was a good day. Ended the day over at my buddy's place, having a couple beers as we chatted and whatnot. My Buddy happens to work at the company that I have been waiting to hear from since the early part of the month. For the past several weeks the company has been "shut down" prior to the quarantine, due to some kind of breach in the system software. My buddy, who is an attorney, was still getting paid, to sit at home as the offices were closed. Then last week, we were notified that someone in the office had tested positive and they were closing doors for a time. This past Monday, my Buddy received an email that they were providing laptops for remote location so they could continue the work. He picked his up on Tuesday. Wednesday, whilst I was over, he was finishing up some work and gave a quick view of the program(s) they use. Mind you, he is an attorney and works on different stuff there than what I would be doing.

Yesterday I got an email stating that they were starting a new contract job next week, and I was to answer some direct questions regarding internet connection, computer OS, etc. It appears this will be remote location as well for now, and they are providing laptops if your personal system does not meet their requirements. Mine does not.Either way I got that nice feeling in my stomach because I haad finally been contacted to start work.

Only one small problem though. Well, two actually. First, I have not filled out any employee paper-work with them, as original plans were once I was called in, I would do that the first morning and then train on their programs and how to use them (which is the second issue). I simply do not know how to use their main program.

So I emailed back the Coordinator, and explained that I am available, but have not had the training class, and have not completed an employee packet. I mentioned I am willing to wait until offices re-open to complete both these issues, but would think this would make me not available to start this next week.

That was yesterday. I am waiting to see if she replies this morning. It's nice to know I am getting close to being hired.

Other than that, today is Friday. Made an "appointment" with the HS band director so the middle Son can get his instruments from the band room, so will be running up there today. Nothing else special planned for today, or the weekend. I may need to actually get gas in my car... since I haven't had to fill it up since last month. Used to have to do that once a week or more....

PeacE

No comments: