Monday, March 23

It's Go Time!

I am about to take a huge risk this morning.... and go out into public. I have to do it. Not because I need TP or hand sanitizer. Not because my family is starving, or the water from our tap is no longer flowing because no one is working so no paychecks and bills didn't get paid. I'm out of cigarettes.

I know, this could be a good time to stop smoking. I don't think so. I have already had to put getting a job on hold, being out in public restaurants and bars... I am not giving up this bad habit just yet.

...and I need to get some AA batteries. Seems our thermostat likes to reset to 60 degrees consistently. I noticed it a few days ago, saw what sort of battery size was needed, then realized I don't have that size here. Plenty of AAA, but no AA. When I had my unfortunate, early morning wake up around 330AM this morning, it felt a bit chilly. Checked and it was close to 63 degrees in the house. I know, many of you are fine with that, and I am, but I knew the Wife would wake in a couple/three hours and complain about how cold it is. So I turned it up to our regular 72, did some Facebook, and laid back down for a bit. Up again at 7'ish, felt warmer. Awake again at 8 and it was cooling off again. Sure enough, temp had reset again.

Cigarettes. AA batteries. What else do I NEED? Nothing I can think of. Be nice to have some beer, but I think that can wait a bit. I think I shall pick up some carbonation in the form of soda though. I haven't hda a carbonated beverage in several days now. I'll run by the 99cent store and get some 2-or 3- liters of the cheap stuff the boys and I like. Check on some lunch meat if they have any... maybe see if they got more chicken nuggets or similar.

So, that's my plans for today starting around 10 this morning. Want to make sure that if the store has certain early hours for the elderly I just have to wait.

PeacE

No comments: