Friday, March 6

I Messed Up Again

Still waiting that phone call/email notifying me to report to work. It looks like that will move on into next week now.

In the meantime, I have been spending quite a bit of time at home playing Warcraft, or browsing blogs, book sites, etc.

Last night the Wife asked what plans were for dinner. She had had a rough day (7th year of her father passing) and seemed like she was not in the mood to cook. So I offered up some ideas and she settled on me picking up pizza. I did an online order for our general pizza place, Little Caesars, and asked which Son wanted to ride with to get. The middle Son chose to go, and we headed out to the car... except I couldn't find my car key in my pocket. I hadn't been anywhere since the day before, so I went back in and checked where I might have emptied my pockets on my bedside table. Nothing. Checked the pockets of the casual shorts I had worn most of the day. Nothing. Yeah... started to get that sinking feeling int he stomach. Sure enough. Found the key sitting in the ignition of my locked car. Let me also add, that when I bought this used vehicle, it only came with one key... that I had never got around to making a "dummy" key or replacing the broken fob.

I went up to Lowes this morning and picked up an "air level" kit ( the air pump bag lock-outs use basically) and tried it with a hangar to pop the unlock button, but couldn't get enough pressure on the hangar at the right angle. Couldn't find something else that might work. Ended up calling a lock-out service near the house. Waited and waited for a call back from the tech, but it never happened. Called another service, who turned out to be $20 cheaper, who called me back in less than 5 minutes and gave me a time frame (within the hour). So, now I am waiting for them to show.

These "chip int he fob" things bother me. I like the anti-theft of them, but to replace one, or to have a second made is freaky expensive. I'm going to have to shop around and see where I can find it done for 2 at a reasonable cost. Reasonable I guess considering I won't have to wait around for some service tech, and pay after hours fees (if needed) etc.

Such as my life goes it seems...

PeacE

No comments: