Thursday, March 19

Quarantined ... Sorta

Thank you Covid-19 for screwing up plans.

Whilst waiting on the new job, now many companies have forced employees to work from home, or worse, have closed. Their closures have sounded more temporary, but depending on how long this goes, some might be final. Especially in the small business bracket. Phoenix has closed schools (my boys at least til the 27th), have limited restaurants to take-out and drive-thru only, bars are to close at 8pm. In fact, one I frequent has closed for at least the next three weeks, and not even sure about that time frame. Some surrounding cities have adopted this same aspect, or parts of them, and encourage businesses to follow through on their own.

Obviously at this time all major sporting events, concerts, and other large group events/venues have been cancelled. Courts are closed. Any Government office environment is probably closed. All these people out of work now, and me being an ass about it, probably unemployment services are closed. Grocery outlets are reducing hours, and thankfully, allotting certain times for elderly to be able to shop for needs without the mass crowd of TP hoarders.Even heard of people here in the Valley driving two hours or more to smaller towns to stockpile supplies. 

I just don't get it. On a normal shopping trip, doesn't one buy enough usually for the household for a week or two, if not more? I do. And what's with hoarding TP and sanitizer? Does this virus just make you crap all the time? But why hoard it? Or worse, already hearing supposed stories of people turning around and selling on Ebay/Amazon/what-have-you at ridiculous prices.

Sigh. Makes me wonder about the general intelligence of society.

No one from my family and friends have asked for any supplies from us, though if they did, we would gladly help them out. I have had a couple friends offer the same, if my family were to need. Especially those that are older (no offense Reverend Mother). 

I'm getting to that point of feeling frustrated. not just with society, and the dealings with how the government is handling preventions... but even of just being at home. The Boys being here is not an issue... just feeling cooped up. And can't really go anywhere in public (like to have a beer). Rain has been through off and on the past several days, so that has kept me inside as well. Reading can only do so much for me at a time. I'm seven books ahead of me projected goal. Warcraft has gotten a bit boring as I have been playing it quite a bit.

At least no one I know has been tested positive.... that's a good note.

PeacE

1 comment:

Reverend Mother said...

No offense taken - I am old! Although not as old as some. :-) I'm working from home - how's your supply of chocolate chip cookies? I'm doing ok with working from home - other than some computer issues. My hair is getting grayer... and not just cause I haven't been to the salon.... you know what I mean. And it is a good thing not to know of anyone who is 'positive' - cause then you would backtrack in your mind when was the last time you were with them! ((Hugs)) God's got this!