Sunday, July 9

Mid-Vacation : A Study of Being Bored Somewhat

 Sunday finds us yet in Tucson. No one has decided they want to do anything different, so we are back at the Daughter's place today. I did get another night at the hotel for tonight, and will play it by ear if we do another night or not. I don't expect to do much, as most things/events are outside. Even though color than the Valley, 106 degrees is too hot for me, and I just am not able to handle a lot of walking. But I am still enjoying the time here, seeing the Doodad, and having talks with the SIL and Daughter. We took them out to a mesquite grill place near them last night. It was a bit pricey, and th4e brisket was pretty dry, the cole slaw had no taste, and that was just my meal. The house salad as a side was huge though!

Both the Wife and I took Monday and Tuesday off (obviously). I do not know if I will still be on this project or not when I go toto check in on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning. Could be a good thing, as I am getting a bit tired of it. Would like to move on to something different, but work is work.

The Youngest and I did our eye exams. Both had mildly worsened. We both did the 2-for1 they had going on, and I added a third pair for me, with it being completely the bi-focal prescription so I can use those for working at the computer without straining my neck. Better than the cheap readers I am using. As we were sitting down and discussing the 'extras' to add to the glasses, their system went down. Instead of waiting we just left the order with them, and they were to call once the system was back up to get payment. They finally called after we were in Tucson yesterday. With the extras we added (transistions, anti-glare, polycarbonate lenses) the total was outrageously high, but it needed to be done. And we need two pair, as both of us have broken a pair since last there. Best to be prepared.

Welp, I am using the Daughter's computer to catch up on some reviews whilst the grand-daughter is playing with her uncle and Mamaw.

PeacE

No comments: