Thursday, July 6

Time Flies ...

 Hard to believe it is Thursday already. But, it is. Must have been the holiday to make this week seem to pass by faster. 

Tuesday the Wife had to work, but I had it off. I ended up taking the Youngest out for some drive training. There is a park near us, and I had him driving around the parking lot practicing the left/right turns. About 15 mins into the practice, the a/c in the car started blowing hot. Great. My guess was the system needs to be charged, but still have to take it in to check for a leak. We put the windows down and persevered. About 40 minutes into this, I had him drive to the house using the side streets (literally, like 4 blocks up the road). We switched seats, and I was planning on going through the car wash (it was dirty from sitting there for weeks) and go to a larger empty lot I know of for more practice. A block from the house, the temperature gauge starting shooting up, and the car started 'ding-ing' at me. Did a quick turn around the block and parked it before the needle buried itself in HOT. So now I need to figure out why/how it did that. Was it low on coolant? Something else? Either way, it will end up in the shop sometime soon.

Other than that, nothing new this week. Still working as of today, though this part of the workload looks like it may finish today. I already let them know I would be out of town Monday-Tuesday, which they were fine with. Maybe the project will be done (my portion) when I get back... or better yet, later today.

RM is coming by at some point today to drop off some salsa and potato salad. She must have had some potatoes to get rid of, and she knows I like potato salad unlike my siblings. The salsa is just an extra - unless she had some tomatoes she had to get rid of as well. I dunno. Will have to work through these and the leftovers in the fridge the next couple days so it don't waste while we are out of town.

Speaking of that, still no plans per se. Saturday in Tucson, and no one has offered any other ideas for the days after. Sigh.

PeacE

No comments: