Wednesday, June 3

What's gotten into Hump Day?

Hey, it's the middle of the week and you know what? I don't care. I am so indifferent about it, I could not care about not caring. Yeah, my day is off to a wonderful start, ay?

So, today I am writing from a remote location - the Reverend Mother's house. Not that remote - about 2 miles from my house. I am over here sending some huge-ass emails of scanned pics to my brother in-law. The RM has high speed. God Bless. But it sure sounds cool when I say "... from a remote location." *snicker*

I was praying my scanning days were pretty much over for the time being, but when in Hell, the torture goes on and on. Last night, the Wife found all our photos and we started through them. Right now we are doing a rush job, mainly for the project the BIL is doing. So that means not only after I have scanned some of the pics, I will have to go back at another point and scan ALL pics and save to CD. I am not thrilled. But, the good news is I will have some pics to post at different intervals as I come across some really cute ones, or old ones, or whatever. Already this morning before I left home I found some old family pics like when I was 7 or younger. Pretty funny looking.

After I leave here, I think I might as well head to the pub. I don't really feel like going home and doing nothing but play poker online for hours. I did that the other day and blew through about 5K of chips. plus whatever I won. But it took several hours.

Oh, here's a good whine for the day. I was talking tot he Wife last night about my upcoming trip to Indy. I explained where and how I had found really good deals on flight and car rental, gave her the basic figures. I also pointed out how much I was saving over some of the regular sites that give offers out. She was impressed! I was actually being frugal about it all, and it paid off! Then she asks me "What dates were you going again?" I mentioned I was planning it Aug 10-19. Is it okay if I make the purchases and reservations? With that look that wives get, I hear "Oh. You won't be here for mom's 50th Anniversary. That's what all the pics are for." When is that, I ask.... the 15th of Aug. That started a whole new argument about me missing my family reunion in July because she is going out of town for the week, and someone has to be here for the daughter and cat. Then she throws up that the daughter could stay with a friend that week... like who would want that issue? I got so frustrated, I just said let's talk about it tomorrow (now today). Yeah, I need to get a buzz on. Possible good part is, I may actually get to go to the reunion now... who knows?

Okay, that's all I got today for now. Tune in next time for exciting features that you may not even be interested in.

PeacE

No comments: