Friday, July 29

Getting Things Done

It's another Friday in my part of the world. Only 8am, and I feel like so much has been accomplished! I have been to the gym, did my email, replaced a tire, cleaned out a car, showered, and now, at the top of the hour, getting a blog post in for the day. May not sound like much to the average person, but was quite a feat for me.

Tire, you ask? Yeah. My old car, the Saturn, or POS, had been sitting my the RV drive we have since early June when we purchased the newer van. I had not bothered to do anything with it at first. Then my bro ScottyB needed a vehicle, and I was going to clean out all the junk and give to him. When I say junk, I mean JUNK. Since I was the only person driving it, and riding in it, for 99.9% of the time, I accumulated stuff in the back seat. Miscellaneous books I had dragged out, read, and moved on to the next, sports bag, coats from winter, old baseball caps, and the inevitable if you just toss it in the back until later, trash. Early in the week I started on the front seats, and that took much longer than I anticipated. Yesterday, with the help of one of the boys, I emptied out most of the back seat stuff, making 5 grocery bags of trash, and other miscellaneous stuff I could throw away, including a cooler (with pull out handle) and radio that leaked. Why was it still in my back seat considering I hadn't used it in like 2 years? I'm lazy and never cleaned out the car.

Back to the tire part. So ScottyB's situation worked out that he did not need the car, so everything came to a halt, and it still sat there. About a week ago (maybe a few days longer) my BIL asked about the car, as he knew someone that was in dire need of a vehicle that could get them to & from work. Being available, I had to get around to getting it ready. a Few days to get things out of it. Turns out the front driver side tire was flat, and cracked open. BIL came by, took the bad spare, and got a used tire to fix it. We were going to use his AAA to come and change out the tire. I actually started the car for the first time the other day, and it runs still, no probs there. Today, I figured it would be easier on all if I just changed out the tire, so I did, right after my gym workout. Still a little muggy being monsoon season, but the extra physical labor did no hurt for me to do.

Now the car is pretty much ready. I will head to the bank to get the title notarized with the odometer reading, and then it will be ready to be picked up. Once again, we will have one vehicle only sitting on the side of the house, and that is my next project. It is the first van we had, that took a crap on us about 5 1/2 years ago on the way to San Diego. Needless to say, it has mechanical issues, and will be donated to some charity to sell for scrap/parts. There is some stuff still in there, that we just never finished getting out. One of those, don't have the time when you think about it, and otherwise not on the forefront of our minds. It will be gone soon...next couple months I plan.

So, not bad for the start of a Friday! Got busy plans for tomorrow too... stuff around the house, miscellaneous running around. I'm going to need that rest time on Sunday, to watch the race!

PeacE

No comments: