Monday, July 25

Down to the Wire

It's the last week of July. For many of you, I am sure that is just one of the early warning signs that summer is drawing to an end.... that school will be starting over the next month or so. This is true in my house as well. But what it really brings to my attention, is the goal I set for myself for September - 20 pounds more off by then, minimum.

It was early July when I set that goal, and it seemed realistic to me. Three months, 20 pounds. I had lost 17 just the first three months I started trying, and only about a month of that was using the gym. Fair, reachable goal, I thought.

Now it is the last week of July, and I have like 5 weeks to reach my goal, and am needing 19.5 pounds to lose. The past 3 weeks I have only lost a half pound. So I guess I need to do something more. I decided this week to start doing the gym 5 days a week, instead of just 3. the two extra days I will do the elliptical machine, as I am not very good on it yet. The other three days I will do my regular workout routine. Plus the usual, trying to eat better, though, that's another issue in itself.

Today I am off to the DMV, to get a replacement title for my car. Yeah the one I quit driving when I got our older van. My BIL has asked about it for a friend that is in dire need of a vehicle. I am trying to get it cleaned out (I had stopped bothering at the time ScottyB didn't need it) and all that jazz. It's just too damn hot (and muggy today) to get out there and try to do it short of the early evening. And I had alot more junk in there than I thought I did. I am sure it is frustrating my BIL, that it is taking me so long. I am sure the gal he asked for, is hounding him about it, but I shouldn't care. Beggars shouldn't be choosers, and trying to demand it faster is not going to motivate me any faster. Even if I weren't giving it away for free, and I was offered money, I just don't care. I really think it should be sold for parts, and not let anyone drive it.

Sigh. Enough of that. I know Sis reads here, and she'll prolly relay that rant on to her hubby. Oh well.

PeacE

No comments: