Friday, July 15

Tackling Red Lobster

Friday morning, 7:00am, the flight took off for San Diego. It was to be a fun weekend spent with friends, watching some OTL, and checking out the girls, drinking beer.... just having a fine time. My first drink was a Jack Daniels. With a 'Free Drink' coupon, it was my only in-flight drink. Of course, they were coming around to pick up cups before I was finished, so I had to slam it. The flight was only an hour and ten minutes.

From there, the 12 ounce curls were done abundantly. I even changed hands, so I could build up my muscles evenly. Wouldn't want one bicep bigger than the other, don't ya know? We started at the Paradise Lounge and Grill - right next door to Deja Vu Showgirls (Where they have "1000s of beautiful girls, and 3 ugly ones!" - see the small print on the sign).
Breakfast was great, and washed down with more barley and hopps. From there, it was check-in at the hotels, then off to Beachcombers, where more beer was imbibed. If you hadn't got the hint yet, there was much drinking going on, and we hadn't been in town one night yet. The afternoon continued on our regular itinerary of going to Fiesta Island (where the games are held) and buying merchandise, then back to the hotels to freshen up for dinner.

Dinner on Friday is fairly early, since one of our buddies is an early to bed type guy. No big deal. My roomie and I made it there about the time he was finishing up and leaving. We ordered and ate, had some good lobster and shrimp. And I forced myself to eat it all. What? From the post title, you though I wouldn't be able to finish my plate? Heh.

So, as my roomie and I were leaving, following the sidewalk out the door, where it does a little path alongside the restaurant, and curves back to the sidewalk next to the street...where we were headed to walk back to the hotel. I don't know what happened. I thought maybe in my inebriated state I tripped over my own feet, but my roomie says there was a step down that I evidently didn't see.... Needless to say, this huge mass of body, full from dinner, full of beer, started to do the 'Catch-Your-Balance' stumble. Yeah, where you stagger forward in an appearingly drunk, awkward footing, trying to regain your balance. It didn't work. About 12-13 steps into that dance, I knew it in my head, and within maybe 2 more, the rest of me knew it.

Red Lobster has nice landscaping. Being in San Diego, there is lots of greenery around, and this place spared none, having a nice, ohhhh, 3 foot high brick planter alongside the building, that holds flowers, I think. I really didn't pay attention as I landed weird, yet full-length, along the corner edge of it. The quick stop, followed by a small tumble the remaining 3 feet to the ground, and a quick jump-up saying "I'm okay!" happened, then the clapping sound from a couple people walking in brought on a bit of blushing by myself. As I was dusting myself off, the roomie was asking if I was ok, etc, and I shrugged it off. I noticed I had some slight tears in my shirt, along the line of where I hit the corner edge of the bricks, and was a bit miffed. It was an OTL shirt from 2007 (irreplaceable).

Was that all? Well, no sooner had we made it to the sidewalk, I noticed my knee was letting out a pretty decent blood flow, so we hurried back to the room. Took a good half hour to get it to quit bleeding. Turns out I had skinned up the left knee pretty bad, the right one about half as much, and had a nice bruise/scrape line from the upper right to lower left off my torso (right along the tears line on my shirt). The next day the pain of it all settled in, and I am still feeling it today - about a week later. I also found out my ring finger on the right hand had been jammed, so am unable to close my hand still at this time. The knees got some good internal bruising (aside from the skinning) according to the Wife (physical therapist) after she checked them out when I got home Monday.

Needless to say, I had not been to the gym this week, being unable to grab things (like to do weightlifting) and the soreness of the knees (so not walking as much). I decided today to try to get in and see what walking at least I can do. May not be as much as regular, but I gotta start somewhere, and the Wife encourages to do some to help heal the knees faster, just to not over so it.

So, Red Lobster scores. I get an error, and some other bad marks.

PeacE

No comments: