Wednesday, July 27

Hmmm, Is That A Bad Noise?

Monday I was able to meet up with an old friend. We hadn't seen each other for about 18 years, though we kept in small amount of contact the past couple years on Facebook. An old friend? Maybe I should rephrase that. She was my first girlfriend. It was nice to meet her husband, too! We had a great couple of hours hanging out.

Though, the title of this post starts Monday evening when I was heading out to meet up with them. See, back on Friday, I had taken my van in as the brakes were making some noise, and turns out, it was metal-to-metal. For those of you that know, it means they were shot. And of course, the luck I have, I had to replace rotors and drums as neither could be lathed down for surface. Sigh. Another pretty penny gone. Come Monday, every time I braked, the last about 4 car lengths before coming to a stop, I would hear a slight 'thump-thump-thump' noise, coming from the rear passenger area. Kinda like when the washer is overloaded on one side and is in the spin cycle? Know what I mean?

Being Monday night, nothing I can do. Happened more when I drove home. Now they said give it about 100 miles of regular driving to "set" the pads, etc as everything was new, but I don't think this is a regular noise. I could understand maybe some squealing sound, but not thumping. Yesterday I overslept, and just didn't feel like going anywhere. Today, as I was headed the 2 miles to the gym, the thumping stopped, and a slight grinding noise started. I think I slipped a brake pad, or it broke, and now it is not good. So, back home I go (after the workout - might as well do it since I was there already) and the thumping noise starts again, with the grinding. So now that I have showered, will take it to the garage and see what is wrong. It better not cost me any money though!

PeacE

No comments: