Monday, July 4

Happy 4th of July!! (WooHoo! Post 1000!!!)

I hope you all had a good 4th of July. I had a wonderful day with family, and an evening catching up with old friends from high school and their families. Food, pool fun, and fireworks sure made a day long for me, and I am a bit weary.

Edit: I forgot to throw in, that if you didn't get it from the post title, this makes my 1000th post on the blog. Wow, I feel old now....

Sis' was a good family event again. I even got out in the pool and played with all the kids. Dummy me forgot the sunblock though, and shoulders and face are pretty red. Ain't hurting too bad yet, but it isn't tomorrow yet. Ribs, chicken on the grill, and Subway sandwich, plus sides of chips and sodas. Yeah, was pretty good and I thought I didn't eat too much.

Near 5-6'ish we left to head over to a good friend's house (the mom of my best friend from HS). There meeting up with Mom, and my bud Scott (not my bro Scotty B - different Scott), his lil Sis, and their families... Wow! Such a good time!! It had been a good 8+ years we determined, since we last had met up. One of those good signs about good friends.... we basically caught up in 5 minutes, and spent the rest of the time bringing up old stories, names, and then hearing the new stories of our kids, etc. I wish we had more time together, and found out they are moving closer in the Valley to us...so, it is just sorta-kinda working out.

I had gone to the gym early this morning. Still did this week's weigh-in, and came in with another 4 pound loss. So, overall, since Oct 2010 I have lost 27 pounds, and towards my goal in September, I still have another 19 pounds to go. After that, I will have to set another goal... but for now this is working. I was planning to start going to the gym 5 days/week, and doing just some extra walking on the treadmill on the off-days, or maybe starting to try some of that stuff on the elliptical machine. But after today, the work-out, plus sun and playing in the pool, and the high heat of Phx.... I think I may just skip tomorrow morning and help the daughter get stuff ready for her move to Tucson.

Oh yeah, she starts moving in tomorrow. Not the same unit we had picked out, but a compatible one. We are already a week over the time we were told we could move-in originally (basically), and with a little help from me, we got this 1st month rent waived completely, get the discounted price that would have happened Aug 1 for her lease. May not be much, but enough to help with some of the damage of me being angry.

Whew! seems like it has been a busy last few days. This week will be spent getting my stuff ready for San Diego, because I leave Friday morning!!!

PeacE

1 comment:

Joe said...

congrats on 1,000 posts, and on the weight loss!