Tuesday, September 13

The Big Bad Earworm

Thanks to some late day wind disturbances across the Valley, Monday was a day I had to deal with a severe nasal problems with my allergies. Of late, they had been doing good and not bothering me too much. Now it is is just plain irritating to have to blow my nose every 2-3 minutes, and constantly wipe some drip coming out as well. Needless to say, it is interferring with my sleep schedule, so I find myself up again at 12:30am and later.

The Earworm. Seems like everyone gets it at some point. Sometimes more than once. And we all know how it can go round and round through friends, co-workers, etc, and come back to us. This one is driving me a bit crazy though. I have spent he past hour or so trying to locate anything close to it, but no luck so far. So, maybe if I can try to put a song into words, maybe you readers can help out...

It is instrumental with a trumpet (I believe) being the main instrument. I remember one of the places I heard it many times was the theater, when they are playing background music before the movie starts. It was a pretty popular tune... makes me think back to Floyd Cramer on the piano kind of stuff. I can't think of what more to add to the description, as I can't seem to put a word to indicate the sound....sigh. Maybe I should check out some Herb Alpert tunes and maybe it is one of them...?

Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: I just went through 24 pages of youtube.com videos, and about 400 songs in iTunes, but no luck finding the one song that fit the tune. I am pretty sure it sounds like Herb Alpert though.

Edit: Joe just sent me thru several albums of Al Hirt, and though I found several new songs I liked, not the earworm... it continues to roam...

PeacE

2 comments:

Joe said...

try Al Hirt

Reverend Mother said...

hmmmm Kenny G?