Thursday, September 29

Getting Cooler

This morning I made that phone call to an AC service company. Fortunately, they had an opening to have the tech come by sometime between 11-4. Yeah. Five hour spread of time. I just don't get that. Of course I told them that I would home for whenever they arrive. Not that I had plans to be anywhere today. I really didn't have any plans. I did feel elated for a short time, however, when five minutes later the company calls back, and informs me that there was a cancellation, so the tech was being routed over to my place at that moment. Yeah.... some good news!

It was short-lived though. then the dread feeling started in... that internal debate of how bad is it going to be, the cost(s), etc. Within a few moments of being here, he had down the blower & motor from the unit. Yeah, motor is shot. We discussed a few issues regarding the unit. Mainly, that it is an old one, and obviously he suggested that it should be replaced with a newer unit. Price range for a comparable unit (new) about $4000. Sigh. After discussing it a bit, we agreed to replacing the motor for the blower now, and everything else will have to come at a future date, as I know the Wife won't be okay with me just telling them to do it. At least at that kind of cost.

So, the tech is back now, as he had to run to the shop for a part. thankfully it is 'just around the corner' and soon I will have cold air in the house again. I'm tired of sweating while I sit here typing. Not that I don't do that when the air is on, but this is without me even trying mental concentration.

Now, I need to figure out about getting my van fixed....sigh.

PeacE

No comments: