Monday, September 19

Just. Can't. Win.

The Wife posted those three words, with that punctuation, last night as part of her Facebook status. It sums up very well the feeling we have about our house sometimes. Well, actually, most of the time. We moved into our current home back in 2000. It was our first home, as we had been renters for the previous 9-10 years, at several places. As any first home for first-time buyers, it was an exciting time for us, and a big step, not only financially, but in that whole 'family dreams' idealism. 

Like probably most first-time home buyers, we should have informed ourselves better about somethings, and learned to look at homes better. But, I admit, we were anxious to get out of where we were living, and settled pretty quick on our home. It is a bit older, built in 1962 if I remember correct. There are a couple additions to the home, that when done were not properly 'permitted' or even done completely correct. Some of that is in evidence now of minor repairs, etc we have had to do. Most of which seem to be from things 'wearing out' like water pipes.

How does this all relate? I'm not entirely sure, but goes along with my thought process. It just feels like we can't get ahead, and things seems to set us back just that bit, to bring us down. Pretty much Life, I guess. Last night, the Wife discovered a leak under the sink. She was able to track it down to it coming from where the garbage disposal connects to the sink underneath. At least it isn't a water pipe.... but (the inevitable but) the leak wasn't discovered until it had been bad enough to soak everything underneath, and seep out from under the cabinetwork. Hence, how she found it by feeling the water at her feet.

So, today got assigned a project. to replace the garbage disposal. Why replace when it only sounds like it needs to be re-tightened, or maybe put on some teflon tape? Because it doesn't work. It was a project I had not gotten around to doing, and we have the new disposal already here. Now, no better reason to not get it done. My procrastination and laziness about it can no longer talk me into waiting. Though, at 5am, I think I will still wait a couple hours before I get in there and tackle it all.

My Redskins beat AZ Cardinals this week in NFL. Next Monday we get the Monday Night slot against our rival, Dallas. Looking forward to beating them, in Dallas. The Wife is going down to the daughter's next weekend for an over-nighter to do girly things. The boys and I will be on our own, so I am sure the restaurant industry in N. Phoenix will have a sudden increase in business. 

I'm still trying to figure out the earworm I had a few days ago. Nothing I have come across is helping, and it is irritating me. I just want to find the damn song and will be able to 'let it go' once I have the title. In the meantime, this one was running through my head this morning.....


PeacE

No comments: