Sunday, September 25

Winding Down from the Weekend

Sigh? Yawn? I am not sure what to call that exhalation of air from my mouth. The Wife is back home form the weekend visit with the Daughter, and so far has claimed nothing but a good time occurred there. In our brief conversation in the vehicle (trip explained later) I filled her on on what we 'men' accomplished while she was gone. I think the trip did her well, and gives her a nice breather.

So that trip? It was to Lowe's yet again. Wife came home, and had her flip the power while I switched over the wiring for the garbage disposal I am installing. Five minutes or so, no major deal. Went to physically hook it all up - to the drain, to the sink, dishwasher.... and I am missing a piece of pipe about 9 inches long. It was part that went from the disposal drain pipe, to the sink trap piping. Cannot find it anywhere amidst the other pieces and tools laying around where I am working. I had removed it the other day, so I know it was here.

There was a flash of white I caught from the corner of my eye. Daisy, the dog. The Chewer of Things. The Destroyer of all things she can reach. The Anklebiter Prodigy. I am sure she is the cause of the missing pipe piece. So I had the Wife drive me over to Lowe's to get a replacement. I measured so I would be sure of the right size pipe piece I needed, found it, got some pipe cement in case needed as well as a new washer and nut for the piping. Got home and went back to work. I didn't calculate the difference of about 2 inches that the piece would overlap in connecting to the one side, so it is now too short. I needed the other, longer piece. Store is now closed. So we are another night without the kitchen sink. Tomorrow morning after the gym I will head over and get the right piece, and hopefully finish up this whole weekend job.

Wife is home though. I'll sleep better tonight having her near me. That's the best part!!

PeacE

No comments: