Sunday, September 11

Church of Holy Beer and Softball

It is Sunday, and once again, our seasonal 'church' has started. I like to call it church, since it is on Sunday mornings, and I go to it, rather than real church with my family. To clarify a bit more for you readers that can't figure it out, the bar softball league has opened season again.

I've played for probably 6 or 7 teams over the past 10+ years. I have met many people, most I can never remember their names, but they know mine. I haven't played the last 3 years, due to being overweight, and getting hurt. Though, with all the recent slimming down I asked to play again this season. Today I am regretting that a bit, and am debating going ahead and pulling myself from the roster for one more season. I am closer, but not just ready yet to play I think.

Our season usually consists of double-headers (2 games) back to back each Sunday. Beer is BYOB, as we have the permit for having alcohol in the park. The rest is a good time. Season goes usually to about February, where we have a tournament. Yes, of course we break off for holidays. First game starts in 40 mins, and I am here still debating even if I want to go watch.

I should. At least it is getting out of the house.

PeacE

No comments: