Friday, November 18

Another Great One


Last night was the Don Williams concert. For my third one I have been able to attend, it was another night of pure enjoyment! Reverend Mother and Preacher Tom both had a great time as well. It's not often that one singer can be so well liked by two generations.

Other than that, welcome to Friday! No major plans this weekend, except maybe try to get a few Christmas gifts picked up - though I honestly have no clue as to what exactly. I asked the Wife to help give me ideas of things to get for the boys, but so far, she has not offered any info. I guess maybe I will just make them sit down and make actual lists this year.

This morning I have been asked to go over to the FIL's and sit with him while Mom goes and gets some grocery shopping done. It's usually only about an hour or so I need to sit with him, so it isn't too bad. His Parkinson's has not gotten to the point where I have to physically help him do bathroom events. I am not looking forward to that day. Too many recollections of when my Dad was paralyzed and sick with Cancer.

I have a couple good movies from Netflix to watch this weekend - or at least I hope they are good. 'Green Lantern' and 'Pirates of the Caribbean 4' are 2 of the main ones I remember. I watched 'Dinner With Schmucks' yesterday, and actually chuckled a few times. It's hard to find a decent movie out anymore it seems. PT and I are planning to see 'J. Edgar' after the holiday.

PeacE

1 comment:

Reverend Mother said...

Yeah, it brought back memories for me too. Your dad and I used to dance to some of Don Williams' songs.