Tuesday, November 8

Tense Morning

Just short of 10am, and I am already feeling exhausted. I had my dentist appointment this morning. One of the two root canals, and crowns, that were done over a year ago, had started giving me problems. A blister-like anomaly was occurring on my gum. After some review of an x-ray done at my cleaning a couple weeks ago, the main though was that possibly some slight debris left in one of the canals, or even a micro-channel, was there that had been missed. It is supposedly causing a slight infection around the root, which when pressure from chewing, was causing the infection fluids to be pushed to the exterior gum area. At least that is the way I understood it in basic terms from the Dr.

Today, he was drilling into the tooth again, to re-check the canals for looseness, or missed 'debris', or whatever else may be the cause of it. I was worried and tense throughout the procedure, as they were not numbing me up. Even though he had reassured me that the tooth was nerveless since the root canal. I guess it is the pessimist in me, that if there was something there that was going to hurt, they would find it. Happily I admit that there was no pain or discomfort during the whole procedure. The bad news is, everything is good. Doc explained what all he was doing, and all the work was solid, with no signs of the cause. My shoulders and neck are a bit sore though from me being so tensed up, waiting for that bad moment, which never came.

Next treatment: waiting. Doc feels that the problem may actually be a fractured root on the tooth (but he is unable to confirm that with the x-rays they have). An endodontist has the capability to do a 3-D x-ray of the area, with better clarification, to verify if this is the exact problem. However, Doc says what is best for the immediate time, is to wait. Mainly to see if the blister-like formation occurs more often, if any pain or discomfort starts. So, some wasted time for me and Doc on this procedure this morning - only due to the results though. At least I wasn't charged for it. If nothing worse happens before my next cleaning in about 6 months, we'll take a look and see how things are/feel. If it is a bad root (or fractured) it means an extraction, which I hate to think about after going through a root canal and crown - and the costs of both.

Otherwise, things are going well. I will be calling Stuman up today I think, to get plans organized for this weekend. Nascar is in town, and he is taking me out to PIR (Phoenix International Raceway) for the race. I will be with him int he courtesy Military tent on the inside track, and we should be able to be fairly close to the cars in pit row before the race - for pics - and may even meet a couple drivers. Oh yeah, and free beer. I haven't been to the track for a race in a couple years or more. I last took my oldest son and it was his first time. Hoping to get to meet Jr. (my favorite driver) but know not to get my hopes up.

Looks like Turkey Day this year we will be spending it with the Wife's family up north somewhere. I have not heard who is hosting it this year, but I plan on making my cherry delight dessert to take as they always tease me about it when I don't. It's the first dessert to disappear each time I take it to the family dinners. The Daughter is planning on her boyfriend going this year as well, so he can meet some of the Wife's side of the family. Should end up a good time where he and I will be able to sit and attempt conversation. I am not of a conversationalist with him, mainly because I have no clue what to talk about - never have been good at that. Well, aside from possible threats to him if he hurts my daughter....

Okay, I should move on to other things for the day. I know I have a sink full of dishes that need to be done.

PeacE

No comments: