Thursday, November 3

Entertaining Myself

Yesterday I actually got tired of my usual stuff. I went through my regular routine of emails, Facebook, FB games, blog reads, etc. I played a little bit of Warcraft. I read a bit on the Kindle. I even did a trip to the gym first thing. Then I got bored, and it was only afternoon. I am not much of a television watcher, though I do catch some shows on Hulu.com...so that wasn't much of an option. That, and the afternoon schedule on tv is boring as hell I am sure. I popped in a dvd I had from Netflix, but it was some weird flick I picked out on a whim, and it was bad. I made it through about 20 minutes of it before I had to shut it off. It is enroute back this morning already.

So, for lack of anything else to do, I did some dishes. Rather, I washed them. Normally this is a task I leave for the Wife to do, as I particularly do not care to do them. Who am I trying to kid? I usually don't like to do much of anything. But dishes is right up there, next to vacuuming, dusting and windows. Anyways, so I did a load of dishes. Looking now, you couldn't tell. It's not even noon here yet, and already I am bored enough to head into the kitchen to do the rest of them, and the new pile from last night. Those of you with multiple children at home, understand how they mysteriously quadruple after one meal.

Sounds like a nice thing I am doing for the Wife, huh? Not really. She deserves much more for having to put up with me. Maybe I am doing them again today just because it made me feel good to do something nice for her without her asking/telling me to do it.

Man, I am turning wimpy. But I think what sort of nice returns that could happen....

PeacE

1 comment:

Spockgirl said...

Not wimpy, but surprisingly motivated and perhaps thoughtful and considerate in your newly attained old agehood.