Friday, November 25

Ohhhh, I'm So Full!!

What a nice Thanksgiving Day my household had yesterday. We spent the better part of the afternoon (well, the boys & I) at the MIL's for holiday lunch, followed by family chatter. The Wife and Daughter had gone over earlier in the day to help with the baking and kitchen stuff, plus help with FIL (has Parkinson's). I ate way too much, but I deserve it. By 6pm I was in bed having a power nap, and back up by 9 for maybe a couple hours, then back to bed for the night. That tryptophan (or whatever) that is in turkey sure made for some crazy dreams during the night!

This morning I woke the boys then met Reverend Mother and Preacher Tom at Denny's for breakfast - my treat. It was nice to have some conversation since we did not see them yesterday. From what they shared, it sounded like my side of the family had a good day of eating and games as well. RM gave each of the boys a Christmas ornament, though I am not sure if we will actually put up a tree this year. I know the Wife will want to, but the way Daisy, the Goat Dog (new nick for her), chews up anything and everything, I am thinking we may not have a tree for next year if we put it up. Bad enough Rusty, Spawn of Satan, gets into the tree, knocking ornaments and whatever else he can off of it.

No shopping today. I am sure I will get some done next week, once the masses have returned to the regular work hours. I didn't see any special deals from any stores for anything I wanted to purchase, so I am feeling I am not missing anything. From stories I am reading from friends on FB, I really am not missing the crowds. I have the last of the dishes soaking right now, and the boys are working on cleaning up their rooms. Not sure what we may do this afternoon - maybe just some computer time for each of them so I don't have to drive anywhere. I may end up curled with my Kindle.

Hope your Tday was good!

PeacE

No comments: