Wednesday, June 13

D-I-V-O-R-C-E sucks no matter how you spell it

How many of you remember that country/western hit by Tammy Wynette? It's been a few years since I heard it myself, and it is a crappy topic to pick today as well. But sometimes you just have to face the facts that people do get divorces, more frequently nowadays than I think it should be.

Let's cool off some of ya right now. No, it is not The Wife and I getting one. So rest easy there. It's one of my good friends (and currently my boss) that is in the beginning stages of one happening. He's been married for 3 years, and his wife is a nice lady. I have known her for about 6 years when they first started dating, and have known him for a few years longer. He had mentioned that they were going to Splitsville a couple weeks ago to me, and I of course did not say anything or push the issue as to why - that's what people politely do I figured.

Well last night I was out with a couple other friends of mine to play some video golf. After our second game, I noticed that he and his wife had come in the bar, and after my friends left I went over and joined them. I had my handy-dandy book with me, as usual, for backup if things went wrong. Then something happened. My friend got a bit angry and loud (go figure - he's like 6'4" an built like a football player) at what I am not sure. Needless to say he left, leaving his wife there. So now she is talking to me and complaining about things that are going wrong in their marriage, etc, etc. I finally just told her I had to get my ass home and left.

Just shows how divorces suck not only for those parties that are splitting. At least there were no kids involved. How am I supposed to stay friends with both of them?

So now I have been in a crappy mood today. At least the boss doesn't ask what happened after he left last night. Of course, I would have said his wife and I talked, but I sure as hell wouldn't say about what subject.

I need something to cheer me up, and I know exactly what it will be. I received notice I have a package at the post office to pick up. I think I will leave work early and get it. Should be the latest 2 books I ordered from the Sci-Fi bookclub. At least, I am hoping it is. Then on to home. I am craving a roast beef sandwich today... Sorry to bore y'all, but sometimes I just gotta get some shit off my chest.

PeacE

No comments: